Grow your business with DiVA Apprenticeships.
Press Coordinator Apprentice
4AD (Beggars Group) , London,
Press Coordinator Apprentice
4AD (Beggars Group)
London (Wandsworth SW18) with a limited amount of flexibility for home working London
About the Apprenticeship :
|Supporting the Head of Press and working closely with the US Communications Manager, the Press Coordinator will contribute to obtaining coverage across the roster and assist in managing external communications in relation to artists and their releases.
£423 per week. (£22K per annum)
Monday - Friday (10am-6:30pm) While the company offers the option of a hybrid arrangement at the moment (Tuesday-Thursday in office, Monday & Friday from home), the Apprentice will gain a greater understanding of the company and the role by being based in the office more often, particularly in the beginning of their employment. Any flexible arrangements will be agreed with their manager. The Apprentice will have the opportunity to attend out of hours gigs and interest in doing this will help their development and understanding of the company.
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Independent Record Label based in Wandsworth, South London. Part of the Beggars Group.
Working in Press for a record label, you’ll start to form relationships with Artists and their Management teams as well as gain an understanding of the wider industry. There is the opportunity to attend lots of gigs and the potential for travel to support Artists on promotional trips. If you have a passion for music then this is an amazing opportunity.
https://4ad.com/ / https://beggars.com/group/
- A strong communicator – orally and written.
- Good research skills
- Attention to detail
- An awareness of the music press, including key UK publications both in print and digitally, would be a distinct advantage
- Aware of social media platforms and how they can be used by music artists
- Inquisitive and interested in learning outside of their defined job role
- An interest in music
- An awareness of 4AD’s history would be an advantage
No formal qualifications are required. Common sense, a good attitude, a willingness to learn and a demonstrable interest in the role and organisation are what we are looking for.
If you do not have English, Maths, and ICT at GSCE’s level A-C or equivalent, you will be required to take these qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
Graduates can apply, but a degree is not necessary, nor will it give you an advantage
Important Other information:
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for this role complete and return the application and diversity monitoring form, which can be found below. Return both to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 26th September 2022
- If successful, 1st stage interviews will take place during W/C 10th October.
- If successful, 2nd stage interviews will take place during W/C 24th October.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback on applicants not shortlisted for interviews.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
The interview process will consist of the following:
- First stage interview: this will be held virtually.
- Second stage: short-listed candidates will be invited to our offices to discuss the role further.
Ahead of the second stage interview, you will be required to complete a task as part of the selection process. We will provide details of the task in advance.
We want you to perform at your best during this process and are happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application and selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So, we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything.
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship.
About the training:
You will be working towards a PR & Communications Assistant Standard, which includes the Level 4 Diploma qualification. You will select training courses relevant to your role, which may include:
• Making Great PR Campaigns with Instagram
• Introduction to PR and Communications
• Project Management
• Winning New Public Relations Business
• Writing for PR & Communications
• Client Management
As part of the application process, please answer the following questions:
- Where would *you* go to find information about new music acts / to find out more about an artist you like?
- Tell us about an album or music experience that means a lot to you and why.
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.